“Recovering Procrastinator”, Rita offers not only sure-fire tips and techniques, but she also offers hope that procrastinators can convert. She is adamant that procrastination is NOT a personality flaw or a character trait, it is simply a habit.
* Sold over 100,000 copies in the first 14 months
* Shows how a common kitchen gadget can get us started when we’ve been putting off something for ages.
* Offers help to the “I Wanna Do It All” procrastinators.
* Explores how a variety of fears (including Fear of Success) can immobilize us.
* Received an award from Digital Palm Media as the top selling non-fiction e-book of 2001 (Stephen King was the top selling fiction e-book of the year).
* Rita has made over 100 radio and TV appearances, including The Today Show where she was interviewed by Katie Couric
Rita, who was born the world's greatest procrastinator, has converted and is now a Recovering Procrastinator. For example, she took 18 years to complete her four-year bachelor's degree, but three years later Rita earned her Master's degree in Adult Learning while raising children, working at a counseling agency, and building her speaking business. Rita is a proud member of the Irish American Heritage Center in Chicago. A few other things to know about Rita. She:
• has been presenting Keynotes and Seminars to businesses and organizations since 1978.
• has taught each of her topics as an eight-week course at Triton and Chicago City Colleges (was adjunct faculty at both for over 15 years), which gives her an enormous amount of material to select from when she customizes a talk for your people.
• was published in the Great Speakers Anthology in 1995, and has had dozens of articles published in magazines and newspapers. View articles by Rita
• received the Business and Professional Women's "Woman of Achievement" award.
• worked 19 years at a counseling agency (she would like you to believe she started at age 10).
• every year is included in the Who's Who In American Education (since 1992), as well as Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the Midwest, The World Wide Who's Who of Women, and Who's Who of American Women.
• was the Keynote Speaker at the Governor's Mansion in Springfield, Illinois.
• serves on the Professional Women's Advisory Board of the American Biographical Institute.
FRANK McCOURT, Pulitzer Prize winning author of the much-acclaimed Angela's Ashes which took twenty-two years to complete: "Rita Emmett's light-hearted book is the kind you'd want to take on a cruise or kill time with in a funeral home. Better still, it's the kind of book you should have by the bedside as you await the arrival of a tardy lover. For anyone like me, addicted to punctuality, you'll find The Procrastinator's Handbook an enticing piece of work."
JACK CANFIELD, Co-author, New York Times #1 Best-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul series: "Don't put off reading this book. Among the techniques and concepts, stories and humor, quotes and 'quick tips', you will find something to help you get started … painlessly, enjoyably. And isn't 'getting started' the hardest part of any project?"
HARVEY MACKAY, Author of the New York Times bestsellers Swim With The Sharks and Dig Your Well Before You're Thirsty: "The Complete Procrastinator's Handbook is the fortune in "Confusion's Cookie" --- "A journey of ten thousand miles begins with but a single step." Rita Emmett will teach you how to power walk!"
Rita and Mark Victor Hansen
MARK VICTOR HANSEN, Co-author,
New York Times #1 Best-selling
Chicken Soup for the Soul series:, and
Out of The Blue Delight Comes Into Our
"Masters of procrastination, ALERT! To
end your procrastination, read this book."
BRIAN TRACY, Author of The Psychology of Success and Motivating People Toward Peak Performance:
"This great little book shows you how to eliminate procrastination once and for all - the key to peak performance and maximum productivity."
BARBARA GLANZ, CSP, Professional speaker and Author of CARE Packages for the Workplace, CARE Packages for the Home, and The Creative Communicator:
"Besides having an outrageous sense of humor and fun, Rita Emmett is, above all, down-to-earth and practical. This book will inspire you, delight you, challenge you, and guide you to move forward with your life, while laughing all the way! Thank you, Rita, for CARE-ing for each of us wherever we may be in our private pits of procrastination."
Rita and Dottie Walters
DOTTIE WALTERS, Author of Speak & Grow Rich, President Walters International Speakers Bureau and Publisher/Editor, SHARING IDEAS Magazine:
"Since I read this marvelously helpful, funny, entertaining book, the piles of work on my desk have dramatically decreased. We can now see the window!
What a pleasure to follow these rules, then wham each job to completion and pick up the next, knowing I can finish it today. Heaven! Buy 10 copies."
Click to go to Dottie's page
HAL ROACH, Ireland's International Comedian and author of We Irish Talk Like That and Write It Down!
"This is the best book I've read on Procrastination. This isn't written for psychologists, this is written for you and me. It's actually interesting. You're going to love it. A masterpiece. How does she do it?"
ROGER E. HERMAN, co-author of How to Become an Employer of Choice:
"This book is comfortable, easy to read. It's sort of like a friend telling you things you sort of knew but never really examined. On almost every page I found myself nodding with an attitude of "yes, I can see that."
"Rita Emmett when you die you will get your angel wings because this book is a gift from God and I am so thankful."
"I love The Procrastinator's Handbook. It's not only helped me in my office but I'm getting tons of stuff done at home. I can actually see my floor, and I'm ecstatically happy."
Chicago Tribune "Entertaining, delightfully honest and ultimately helpful."
USA Today "Mercifully free of jargon and has plenty of tips and vignettes that will strike a chord."
Christian Science Monitor "One quick read you may not want to put off."
Seattle Times "Filled with advice that's practical."
Publishers Weekly "With humor and gentle nudging, Emmett offers concrete ways to conquer almost any type of procrastination."
Diana and the Cozy Librarians - The Cozy Library
"Authors often venture into public speaking to publicize their books. Rita Emmett took a different route. Rita’s 2000 book, The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now, was an outgrowth of the popular “Blast Away Procrastination” programs she spent 15 years presenting for corporations, professional associations and civic groups." Read the article
I want to thank you a million times over for writing The Procrastinator's Handbook. I am only on page 56 (not delaying, just got it in the last 24 hours :) ) and already I can see how this is going to be a book that's going to help me quite a bit!